This is so simple it’s hard to believe it could taste so good!! I tried this at Trader Joe’s one day, where I was so thrilled they were serving something I would be able to sample. They provided the recipe, so I was able to enjoy the amazing flavors again.
Carrot and Apple Salad
Makes about 5-7 c of salad.
- 1 bag (2 lbs) of carrots (TJ’s “Organic Carrots of Many Colors”)
- 3 green apples, sliced
- 1 c walnut pieces
- 2 TB olive oil
- 2 TB clover honey
- Juice from 2 lemons
- Slice carrots and apples, add to large bowl
- Add walnut pieces
- Mix the dressing together: olive oil, honey and lemon juice
- Pour dressing over the salad and mix
- *Option to add balsamic glass over the top before you serve
Note: I did not have green apples and it was fine with the honey crisp I had on hand. I think any apple variety would be fine. I also didn’t try it with the balsamic glaze, but that sounds tasty; I just didn’t feel it needed anything more. I love the simple perfection of these flavors combined. Hope you enjoy!